Pocket knives rock for daily tasks on the fly. Hunting, fishing, at home, work or play…it’s tough to beat the versatility and ease of use of a good old fashioned pocket knife. And the best pocket knife sharpeners are designed to help you get the most from your blades no matter where you are.
Keeping pocket knives sharp can be a challenge because the blades are often very small and can go dull very quickly from normal everyday use.
A top rated pocket knife sharpener should be easy to use, small in size, and suitable for both smooth and serrated blades.
The best pocket knife sharpening systems should have guided blade slots and safety features like anti-slide grips and blade guards to protect the user’s fingers from accidental injury.
Here Is Our List Of The Best Rated Pocket Knife Sharpeners Based On Our Reviews:
1. Sharpal 101N 6-in-1 Pocket Knife Sharpener
If you need something that suits both serrated and smooth pocket knife blades, this product will be an ideal option.
It does also help the user to do a quick edge set-up which is a nice added feature if the blades on your pocket knife are not properly edged from the manufacturer.
- Ceramic blades that allow fine honing,
- An inbuilt fire-starter,
- An in-built high-pitch whistle for creating an alert in the time of an emergency, and
- Tungsten carbide blades that will enable blade alignment.
2. Smith’s PP1 Pocket Knife Sharpener Stone
The product is one of smith’s best products for sharpening both serrated and smooth pocket knives. It helps to get sharp edges on a wide variety of blade types and shapes.
- A diamond coated sharpening stone that increases its durability
- The ceramic stones and carbide are replaceable to lengthen its service life,
- A lanyard hole for portability, and
- Guaranteed user satisfaction.
3. Smith’s 50364 X2 Sharpener
This highly reviewed pocket knife sharpener is a great option for the outdoorsy folks who are always on the run and need a fast and easy sharpening option that won’t break the bank!
The sharpener comes in an attractive yellow color that makes it easy to find in your backpack, tackle box or glove box. It’s easy to use for both smooth and serrated pocket knife blades, and it also features a handy dandy compass which is a great tool to have with you when out exploring! A great pick as a best knife sharpener for pocket knives!
- LED lights and signal whistle that shows a state of emergency,
- A diamond based sharpening rod that maximizes service life,
- Carbide blades that help in setting the blade edge,
- The preset sharpening angles assures that you get the maximum results.
4. Lansky PS-MED01 Pocket Knife Sharpening System
If MacGuyver were to carry a portable pocket knife sharpener this might be the one he’s pick!
This handy sharpener by Lansky is among the best you can pick in the market. It helps you do other tasks apart from sharpening, such as repairs. It does also work with serrated, standard, fillet, and hook knives. Available in ceramic, diamond, and carbide sharpener types. This is one of the best pocket knife sharpening systems on the market.
- Designed to hone even into the smallest serrations,
- The Tungsten carbide helps to restore your knife blade into its original nature,
- Super durable sharpening surfaces for increased performance,
5. Lansky C-Sharp Sharpener For Pocket Knives
This Lansky pocket knife sharpening tool features four different sharpening angles at 17, 20, 25, and 30 degrees. This can really come in handy when sharpening pocket knife blades which are often set at different angles.
For fine polishing or serration, the 800 grit ceramic stone helps you accomplish the task in minutes.
- A durable metal casing that increases its service life
- Compatible with all controlled-angle and turn boxes by Lansky,
- Also, it’s easy to use.
6. Hoffman Richter HR-1 Sharpener
The product suits any knives, at 22.5 degrees. It’s also perfect for straightening your knife blade using its tungsten carbide rods. It’s attractive to the users and easy to use.
- Lightweight that makes it easy to carry around,
- Ultra-tough to withstand breakage forces,
- A ceramic finishing that polishes any blades,
- A tungsten carbide that will restore your knife blade with a few strokes
7. Work Sharp Pocket & Shop Knife Sharpener
The product is one of the best from Work Sharp. Its small size and design make it easy to carry around with you. The sharpener is easy and safe to use for home and shop purposes.
- No assembling needed,
- A versatile sharpener for home and shop knives,
- Comes with a lifetime warranty,
- Also, it features a compact design for easy use and sharpening
These are a few of the best pocket knife sharpeners you should consider picking from the stores. They are easy to use, compatible, and easy to carry around.
With their small blades and handle sizes pocket knives can be difficult to sharpen using large format knife sharpeners. Our pocket knife sharpener reviews feature the best rated models designed to keep small blades sharp and in tip-top condition. (For info on keeping larger blades sharp please see our reviews of top-rated belt knife sharpeners).
Pocket knife blade steel tends to be softer and easier to sharpen than military and kitchen grade steel. This makes them perfect candidates for the small and compact sharpeners on the market. And unlike sharpening stones that can require the user to hold the pocket knife blade at the perfect angle, many of the models we review feature guided sharpening slots which make honing your favorite pocket knif fast and easy!